Getting back to the salon safely: an update on reopening salons in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland during the Coronavirus outbreak.
We’ve got good news - beauty salons will soon be allowed to offer “close-contact” treatments again (rejoice).
In England, face treatments will be allowed from 1st August (hair and other beauty services are already open). In Scotland and Wales, beauty services will reopen from 22nd July and 27th July respectively, while in Northern Ireland, all hair and beauty salons have now reopened.
So, what’s new? Well, you’ll probably notice a few changes inside the salon as we adjust, collectively, to the ‘new normal’. This could include changes to opening times, additional hygiene practices, social distancing measures with a limit on the number of people allowed in the salon at once. This will help to keep you and our salon partners safe, and we will continue to respond to government advice as it is provided.
Given these changes, booking treatments online is a good way to make sure you get an appointment. And, as ‘the salon’ is definitely top of a lot of to-do lists, we’re now taking bookings in advance – up to three months ahead, in fact. Why not book now?
Since good news travels fast, calendars are already beginning to fill up, so, if you want to be back in the salon sooner rather than later, we suggest booking ASAP. Appointments are easy to manage through our website, making rescheduling easy if your plans change at short notice.
If you do book an appointment for a treatment that is not yet opening, we will be in contact with you to offer you a date on or after the 1st August 2020, dependant on availability.
Treatments not yet 'open' in England and WILL reopen from 1st August 2020:
Face waxing, sugaring or threading
Advanced facial technical (electrical or mechanical)
Electrolysis on the face
We continue to work closely with the government to advise them on the measures in place to open the rest of our industry safely and get us back in the salon chair for all treatments.
We continue to work closely with the government on behalf of our salon partners to advise on health & safety measures to ensure salons are a safe space when you return, here's how you can help.
1. Salons/home treatment rooms adhering to social distancing measures may limit the number of clients allowed inside the salon/home at once, or prevent clients turning up for walk-in appointments. Make sure to book ahead to guarantee an appointment.
2. Wash and sanitise your hands often to prevent the spread of bacteria. Try to do this prior to arriving at the salon/home and once you're inside (if possible). Don't forget that 20-second washing rule for properly clean hands
3. If you're feeling unwell, have been ill recently, or have been in contact with anyone confirmed to have COVID-19, please do not attend any appointments. Don't worry, rescheduling is easy (even if you've pre-paid). You'll find a link to reschedule in your booking confirmation email or in 'My Bookings' on the wix app.
4. Though reuniting with your therapist will be glorious, avoid hugging, shaking hands or any physical contact that's not necessary inside the salon/home. This, again, adheres to social distancing measures and prevents the potential spread of germs.
7. We'd suggest taking a drink with you to your appointment (like a bottle of water or a coffee from somewhere nearby), to avoid using the salon's cups.
5. Pay for your treatment in advance (when booking), so that you and your stylist will not have to handle cash in the salon/home.
8. If you've been advised to wear a mask then please do so. You may notice our salon partners wearing masks more frequently for their own protection and yours.
6. Salon partners may decide to leave their entrance doors open to avoid clients touching the handle (and spreading bacteria to other areas). If it's open when you arrive, please kindly wait for a member of staff to attend to you.